Sometimes there is nothing I would rather do then bake a batch of cookies.
I might even enjoy the process of making them more than I do eating them…(that was a lie).
And don’t be fooled. Although this recipe is a better option to gluten based or processed cookies, they don’t count as healthy.
These cookies make a great little project to do with your little kiddos and they are the perfect treat to bring to a potluck if you are not choosing to bring a healthier option.
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Adapted from Elana’s Pantry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
3 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and pecans.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together maple syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Place dough in the center of a large piece of parchment paper and form into a large log approximately 2½ inches in diameter.
- Place in freezer for one hour, until firm, unwrap and cut into ⅛ inch thick slices.
- Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until lightly golden, 7-10 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Yields 24 cookies
Want some meal prep inspiration? Click HERE for the FREE 4 Easy Meal Prep Ideas tool that I created to help you batch cook your meals so that you can save time in the kitchen. You’ll also join our VIP list to receive recipes and strategies to support you to create a HEALTHY life that you love.
I am a holistic nutritionist and personal chef. Learn more about my services HERE.