Kabobs are so delicious especially when you have had the meat marinating for a period of time before grilling them. And they are great because you can personalize them! If you love mushrooms, slide them on. If you like the delicious flavour of a grilled onion, do the same!
And kabobs are great for meal prep too! You can make the marinade below, pour it over your cubed meat and thread the meat and veggies onto the skewers. Then freeze! Just thaw and grill when you want them.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, gluten free (VH Brand is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 pounds of meat or protein (chicken, flank steak, pork, tofu), cut into 1 inch pieces or strips
- peppers, cut into large chunks, optional
- whole mushrooms, optional
- zucchini, cut into rounds, optional
- onions, quartered, optional
- cherry tomatoes, optional
- haloumi (a delicious type of cheese that does stays firm when grilling), optional
- skewers (wooden or metal)
- Soak skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Add all marinade ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Using either your immersion blender, regular blender or food processor, mix all ingredients.
- Cut up meat and prepare veggies.
- Immerse meat in the marinade.
- Thread meat and veggies onto skewers in any order.
- For meal prep, freeze kebobs at this point. Otherwise, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Grill kabobs for 10-15 minutes or until meat is cooked through, turning every three minutes.
Obviously, losing weight and maintaining that progress can be overwhelming sometimes. Knowing how much you should be eating, how much exercise is enough (or too much) and figuring out what other factors are playing a role can feel frustrating. That is why I work closely with my nutrition consulting clients, to help you create a healthy lifestyle that you love and that you can sustain. Connect with me HERE.